Treatments that can reduce the risk of intertrigo recurring include:
- Daily cleansing of skin folds with a mild cleanser and drying the area well after
- Allowing air to reach the area when possible
- Daily application of drying powders
- Using absorbent material to soak up moisture between skin folds
- Weight loss
- Getting underlying conditions such as excessive sweating and diabetes well under control
There are also several prescription creams with antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties which may used as treatment.